Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
An Nguyen
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about trying out new tabs. Currently shooting the bateman TC3 and I like it. However, I want to try a metal plate tab with a bit more palm plate.

The yost tab is nice and interesting, but I don't like the paracord finger loop, cuts into my finger. I like the bateman's and split finger tabs' flat elastic cord. I might still get a yost and modify that aspect, but that's another thing.

Would this Baremax Profi be barebow legal (picture below).
l_baremax profi bare bow tab_.jpg

My main concern is the letters running down the palm plate.

Thankee,

An

·
Registered
365 Posts
I expect that Baremax to not be legal. There's no question that those are 'non uniform markings'.

I have two Yost tabs. It would take you a minute to change the cord out. But I think it's a non issue. I would shoot it for a while and see if you get used to it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Also, the pattern of the lines on the yost is much easier to read quickly

·
Registered
954 Posts
Which part is not uniform, the lettering can be covered with Tape.

Good/Bad points the pinky hook works well, bad is the plate is very thick and can lose your crawl when sliding Tab into position.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
"Marks or lines may be added directly to the tab and shall be uniform in size, shape and colour. Additional memoranda is not permitted." But then I thought the Yost would get punted as not uniform so what do I know.

That being said
(a) could he make it legal by routinely "coloring in" the name to match the tab (kind of like people cover things in the window) or would the raised letters themselves make it illegal.
(b) could Bateman just make a variant where the name comes black ie doesn't get colored white.

·
An Nguyen
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could ground out the lettering I guess. better that then just cover it with tape.

The yost was recently ruled legal, but I'm not sure where to find the ruling. The interpretation files on WA does not list it. But I was emailed a similar looking PDF from a local range director.
They basically said because it's only 2 uniform lines, it's fine. Will revisit if it's 3 uniform lines...

I have the same problem with the yost's thick palm plate, easily lose crawl mark. But I want to try it again on a large yost.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Pretty sure Demmer was using Yost at World Games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
498 Posts
I've been thinking about trying out new tabs. Currently shooting the bateman TC3 and I like it. However, I want to try a metal plate tab with a bit more palm plate.

The yost tab is nice and interesting, but I don't like the paracord finger loop, cuts into my finger. I like the bateman's and split finger tabs' flat elastic cord. I might still get a yost and modify that aspect, but that's another thing.

Would this Baremax Profi be barebow legal (picture below).
View attachment 6197553

My main concern is the letters running down the palm plate.

Thankee,

An
I take out the innards of the Paracord. Gives it a more flatter softer feel

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
https://extranet.worldarchery.org/documents/index.php/html/?dir=63
is where they post the English language interpretations. But it's not up.

If you're on Facebook, Yost has posted a photo of the interpretation, though.

The interpretation does seem to limit itself, they allow it because the two different length lines are uniform. But they seem to say three lines would get scrutiny and kind of act like this is just for this tab by Yost.

Does it mean something that a particular interpretation is described as the "opinion" of the committee or instead "the majority decision," is that communicating a decision was unanimous versus a decision merely won the up-down vote?

·
Registered
365 Posts
That mark up at the top under the "A" is definitely a problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts