Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shooting a CD WF 25x with 38# UUkha limbs. My previous arrows were 500 spine, 30 inches with 120 grain points and flew very well. I was looking to see the impact of small diameter shafts, so I purchased identical arrows, except that they were 3.2mm shafts. These arrows are flying extremely weak and it seems like the adjustments I am making such are decreasing poundage, adjusting center shot etc. are making the problem worse. Any advice?

·
Registered
157 Posts
You may need to change the rest location to make sure the skinny arrow sits correctly against the plunger and may need to adjust your nock point as well.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
You may need to change the rest location to make sure the skinny arrow sits correctly against the plunger and may need to adjust your nock point as well.
This ^^^^and are the arrows the same length, and I assume the same spine, you may have to reduce the plunger spring tension and maybe lighten the point wts too. I assume you tested this with bareshaft of the same arrows. It is the devil in the details that gets us all....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The arrows are identical in every single way besides diameter. I will continue working on it and let you know what works

·
Registered
794 Posts
Back to basics. Put a matchstick in the plunger adjust until bareshafts come to center. Then put the spring back in and do a walkback tune.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem solved! I reset all my setting to the basics, started from scratch and I quickly got a solid tune. I believe that I was getting a false positive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts