Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched an episode of a "hunting" show an its pretty sad to see. The guy is using a rifle for staters which I don't really mind if its spot and stalk or something that gives you a challenge. This guy is on a game ranch down south sitting out of the back of some rigged up truck with his high powered rifle. He then shoots a double drop tine buck everyone on here would faint if they had shot with there bow. He doesn't give a fist pump or anything. AND I CAN"T BLAME HIM! A driver pulls him up to this buck and he shoots it with a gun that shoots flat out to X yards! And to top it off they get out of this moving stand and don't even walk over to the deer they hop on a UTV and ride over to it. In my eyes that was killing not hunting. At least do something on the hunt. Don't chase deer in a moving stand on a game ranch and drop that at 400 yards.

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
who cares, if you dont like it dont watch it:sleep:

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
i don't im just sharing it. if you dont like this thread dont respond
didn't mean it offensively, just stated my opinion no different than yours!

This is an archery website and a hunting website.

Last time I checked you could use a gun to hunt in almost every US state.

Just sounds like a bunch of whining to me:darkbeer:

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
always that one guy on AT:sad:

·
Registered
10,964 Posts

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:darkbeer:
it defeats the purpose of hunting. i stated i have no problem with the gun its the whole thing that it was the gun tied in with the fact that the guy didn't get off his ass to do anything! He rode around in a huge scaffold like stand on the back of a truck on a stacked game ranch and then shoots and deer and takes a UTV over to cover the distance. Like come on!

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and the band wagon begins..forget this thread this crap happens every time:pukey:

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
and the band wagon begins..forget this thread this crap happens every time:pukey:
I appologize if I ticked you off.

My only point is this, if some guy has that kinda money to hunt like that, good for him!!!

I and you obviosuly dont so we have been raised and learned the right way in "our minds" to hunt. It doesn't make him wrong. I don't agree with it either. But he DOES have every right:)

·
Registered
14,613 Posts
it defeats the purpose of hunting. i stated i have no problem with the gun its the whole thing that it was the gun tied in with the fact that the guy didn't get off his ass to do anything! He rode around in a huge scaffold like stand on the back of a truck on a stacked game ranch and then shoots and deer and takes a UTV over to cover the distance. Like come on!
wonder how much this cost...lol

wonder who sighted his gun in...hehe

and this was on TV:confused:

wish I'd thought of thi$...lol

Handicap shooting:shade::wink:

hood

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Dont worry man i feel the same way you do people that say if you dont like it dont watch it and respond to a thread they dont like is kinda like calling the pot calling the kettle black aint it

·
Registered
12,911 Posts
I was watching one the other day and they where hunting Brown Bear in AK most where rifle kills but the last one was a bow... the guy hits the bear way too far back and the guide smokes it with his .375 or whatever and talks about "Slobo's" 1st bear kill with a bow (well sort of) and how he shot it with the rifle just to save a long track job..

Maybe so but I maintain they'd never found it with that gut shot.. it'd crawled off in the thickest brush miles away then died

All this just as my wife walks in .... she was sick and so was I... things happen but go film something better instead of showing this crap on TV

Are they that desperate for footage?

I'll never waste my time on this show again... what a joke

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Not my cup of tea, but to each his own. Who am I to judge how someone harvests their deer (although I think this guys method is about worthless).

·
Registered
24,957 Posts
doesnt sound fun to me but to others it may. dead is dead. as long as it was a good hit he did a good job.

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes i still would have made a thread about it. instead of driving around chasing deer in a moving stand why not just drive to the store and buy your meat? and then drive to a garage sale and buy a deer mount?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Heres a crazy concept...

Hunt the way you want to hunt!

If someone wants to hunt over a feeder then all the power to them. If someone wants to spot and stalk only, all the power to them. Hunt the way you want to hunt as long as it is legal.

You kind of struck a nerve with this one. I may not agree with someone about "fair chase", but I am not going to look down on someone because they dont hunt the same way as I.

And BTW...I bow hunt over a feeder 1/2 the time!:mg:

instead of driving around chasing deer in a moving stand why not just drive to the store and buy your meat?
Funny. I have heard the same argument from anti-hunting propaganda...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts