Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have a bowtech RPM 360.
I would like some advice regarding the bareshaft Tuning.
I have done my paper tuning ( added one twist on the top and bottom left side yokes) then walk back tuning ( moved my rest 1/64 to the left), then creep tuning ( added one twist to the top buss cable as my creep shoots were hitting low). Everything works great.
Now I started shooting bareshaft and fletched arrows. My bareshafts were 3-5 inches higher than than fletched arrows all the time at 20m. No left and right misses.
Usually, I need to add one twist to my bottom buss cable to make the bareshafts hit closer to the fletched arrows. Am I right?
It means that this is going to cancel out my creep tuning that I have completed earlier ( I added one twist to my top buss cable) and now I have to add one twist to my bottom buss cable.
I would like some advice?
Do I need to add one twist to my bottom buss cable? Or do I play with my rest to keep then my creep tuning setting the same? or should I do the bareshaft & fetched tuning before the creep tuning?

Thank you,

Regards,

Thomas

·
Engineer at Birth
284 Posts
Until the experts chime in:

Assuming your bow is in spec and your rest is set so that you are shooting through the center of the berger holes, or slightly nock high (no more than 1/4"), then I'd adjust the buss cable until bare shafts hit with fletched at 20 yds. After that, go back and fine tune bare shafts at 30 yds; yields a VERY nice tune ;).

After that, check your creep tune. I bet it will be better than before bare shafting.

No misses left or right? Sweet... if your form is correct, that means your draw length is correct and you're shooting through at the center-shot of the bow. Should be easy to get her dialed from here.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
I have a bowtech experience and a press. I don't know how much I would be creep tuning the bowtech system. Works great on hoyt but I don't feel it's very necessary on this system. As you twist your cables it also changes your nock point. What I personally do is time the bow first so both stops are hitting. Then d loop nock level and running a hair over the middle of berger hole. Shoot in paper with both bare shaft and fletched arrows and yoke tune. What I do to one side I undo to the other side keeps timing. Do this at 6,9,15 yards then walk back tuning then good to go. Your nock point might of dipped low and it's sending it high. Keep it simple with this system and stay within yourself

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your advices. I will play with my bottom buss cable to make the bareshaft and fletched arrows to hit together at 20 m. Then I will check my creep tune. But again, if my creep tune is off by a few inches, I will need to add a few twist in my buss cable, which will have an impact on my bareshaft and fletched arrows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts