Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Assuming that you have a bit of nock right, and nock high - correct? The pictures are a little confusing, I'm basing my assumption on the bottom pic. If so, two different ways to fix:

No press:
To address the nock right, move rest away from the riser. To address the nock high, lower the nock point or raise the arrow rest. Make sure you are not under spined. A flexy arrow will often shoot nock high out of todays fast bows.

Have a press:
Set up centershot per the bow spec and run through the center or upper center of the berger holes. Then twist strings if you have yokes or shim CAMS if you do not. To clean up the nock right, put a twist in the right leg yokes or if no yokes, push the CAM or CAMS to the right.

To clear up nock high. If you are using a drop away, make sure the rest is timed properly. Make sure you are not under spined. Make sure you are not getting nock pinch, especially if shooting a short ATA bow. Then make sure your CAMS are timed properly, you need a draw board for precise measurements. Make sure your limb/cable stops are hitting at the same time. Sometimes, even if everything is in spec, you will have to bump the rest up a hair.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is how I read it as well and I’m 100% sure cams are both hitting at the same time (with a drawboard) going to try lowering the rest. Shot yesterday 10 more shots through paper and again at distance with same results to make sure it was consistent

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you are shooting anything above 65# and or your DL is 26+ you might have a spine issue. You have 400 spine arrows.

That aside:
Rule 1: Fix vertical tears first
Rule 2: Try to use your rest first
Rule 3: If rest isn't getting rid of it, try your nock point.

Just know, that rest changes and nock point changes are not equivalent. In other words there are cases where you can move your rest all day long and it won't tune. Sometimes you need to move your nock point. I had that this summer with a bow. I still have rest movement I could make, but it was only getting worse. I adjust my nock point about 3/16ths and voila no issues.

Reactions: usmc2220
1 - 6 of 6 Posts