Full Time Novice
7,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First few shots finally getting the bareshafts tuned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,670 Posts
I’m really trying to get them to touch what should I do I’ve repeated that shot 4 different times.

Shoot tighter groups.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I agree, that is some awesome results. Is the fletched arrow spine indexed to the cock vane? For fun you could try nock tuning the fletched arrow and see if that brings the group together. The bare shaft is too perfect to change anything on the bow. Nuts and Bolts talks about fine tuning draw length to achieve tighter groups, maybe he can chime in and you could try that.

·
Full Time Novice
7,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree, that is some awesome results. Is the fletched arrow spine indexed to the cock vane? For fun you could try nock tuning the fletched arrow and see if that brings the group together. The bare shaft is too perfect to change anything on the bow. Nuts and Bolts talks about fine tuning draw length to achieve tighter groups, maybe he can chime in and you could try that.
All my arrows have been spine indexed and then fletch the cock vane down the center of it

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I imagine you spine indexed the bare shaft and have the same orientation as the fletched arrows as well. I would maybe try playing around with your d-loop length prior to messing with your DL, but like I said earlier your results are awesome for BS at 25 yards and most people wish they could get that good of results.

·
(aka lug nut)
49,683 Posts
I imagine you spine indexed the bare shaft and have the same orientation as the fletched arrows as well. I would maybe try playing around with your d-loop length prior to messing with your DL, but like I said earlier your results are awesome for BS at 25 yards and most people wish they could get that good of results.
Bingo. I use a GRIV Torqueless loop, and had to build 4 versions (each a little different in length) to get the results I like to see (all arrows touching at 20 yards, fletched and bare).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts