Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just switched to the Barnett buck commander extreme from shooting Horton's for last 12 years. Any body have any advise on this bow. Also just switched from Rages to swhacker broad heads ant body have any problems with those.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Well first you have to change your screen name.

I used a BCX for the last 2 years. The biggest issue I have is noise. I went with pile driver bolts and 125 grain heads to absorb more of the bows energy. That and limbsavers on the limbs made a noticeable difference. The manual says replace the string and cable after 2 years. Do it before the string breaks. Mine let loose when decocking one night after a hunt. I had 3 strands that didn't break making that thing a time bomb just waiting to go off. A little over a hundred dollars later for string and cables I am ready to go for next year.

And decocking, buy a target and carry it in your vehicle along with a field tip. I originally bought a decocking arrow at walmart. Sunk the first one so far into the ground I couldn't find it. The next two the nock flew off of when I shot them into the ground. Finally bought an orange target that is about 1 foot square. It is light weight and rides in the back seat of the truck all season.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah your correct about the screen name lol. What limb silencers did you go with? that was going to be the next thing I was going to get. Also thanks for the head's up on the stings. Were there any signs of wear before they let go.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Limbsavers on the limbs. I think I had some string leaches put on the cables but I don't remember. No warning on the string. It had plenty of wax on it right up until the time it let go. I got my BCX from Wally world so you never know how long it was sitting in a warehouse before I got it.

The night the string broke I took it into the local Field & Stream store they just opened here. There was a Manager helping someone at the customer service desk when I walked in. He glanced at the bow and saw how little of the string was holding all the pressure. He called an Archery Tech on the radio right away. It went straight back and into the press. The guy putting it in the press looked real nervous until he got the pressure off of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feed back and good luck next season

1 - 7 of 7 Posts