Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set of limbs for my 07 Ally from barndale archery. The limb quality is amazing, but the fit is not. I called them today and they told me I must have a diffrent limb pocket than they have. I didnt know they had diffrent ones.

I was told to sand a little off the limb to fit the pocket. Well I sanded and sanded and sanded. Finally I got one to fit not loose not tight nice fit. I had to sand more than a little. Now I am worring about what if I took to much off one side and not enought off the other. Im wondering if I will have limbs out of square all that good stuff.

I have read in the forums before I bought them , that everyone that has bought a set from him that the limbs fit nice. Why not mine? Am I the lucky one?? any suggestions Thanks all

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
He usually or I thought always requests you send him your bow and he will fit them. Thats what he did with my tribute and they were perfect

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I read that somewhere too. I emailed saying I want to order limbs. They told to call, I called told them what I wanted, I asked them If I need to send my bow, I was told no. SO I ordered them and this is what I got. I am not real Impressed , I dont know If my limb bold will go through the one side. If I would have been asked to send it , I would have send it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
So you spoke to Dave?
I am really surprised he told me he wants the bow and didn't even give me the option to just buy them. He made me a set and it maxed 3 pounds higher than I asked and he wasn't happy with that so he made me another set.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spoke to dave today, he said that he hasnt had this problem before. I explained to him that I did what I was told to do when I called. He told me to go ahead and shoot it. :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts