Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys tried the cheap priced base layers/compression layers on ebay? I saw some fleece lined and just regular for less than 15 dollars. I need to get some new base layers as I've gained a few(shh!) and I don't want to save money but buy junk.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Ive tried the cheaper stuff and honestly, a couple years ago I picked up some cheap Merino wool on amazon. Smartest thing I did, no more buying the cheap stuff every couple years. If you look this time of year, you can find some good cheap stuff on the internet. February to July is when i buy all my hunting things, I usually save 50% to 75%.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive tried the cheaper stuff and honestly, a couple years ago I picked up some cheap Merino wool on amazon. Smartest thing I did, no more buying the cheap stuff every couple years. If you look this time of year, you can find some good cheap stuff on the internet. February to July is when i buy all my hunting things, I usually save 50% to 75%.
If I remember right you and I are about the same size. I'm 6'9" 350lbs. Sometimes it's hard to find certain items in my size.lol.. Does the merino you got fit like thermals or tight like compression layers?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm definetly going to have to get some more merino this year

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will check out amazon.!

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
For not extreme cold weather the mil-spec pcu level 1 patagonia powder dry base layers rock. No odor problems like UA. I wear them all summer/spring /fall at work.

You can get a set for $20 on ebay. Thats my sugesstion.....they are not compression fit.

·
Lovin Bow Season!
939 Posts
How well does Moreno work in the early season at keeping you cool?

·
Registered
11,802 Posts
Have any of you guys tried the cheap priced base layers/compression layers on ebay? I saw some fleece lined and just regular for less than 15 dollars. I need to get some new base layers as I've gained a few(shh!) and I don't want to save money but buy junk.
try sierra trading post

1 - 8 of 8 Posts