Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has any experieince with Base Slayers and/or X-Scent clothing. Do they work?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
:zip: :zip: :zip: :zip: :zip: :eek: :zip: :zip: :zip: :zip: SHUTUP:mad:

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
love the x scent baselayers so much i ordered a set of outer camo to go with them.:wink:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I used them last year and never noticed myself getting busted for scent. Everything I've ever read about them is positive. IMO they work and they last a lot longer than scent lok.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Just FYI guys... The local Dick's (sporting goods) has had the Medalist Xscent stuff on clearance for $5 per piece. You might check out your local store to see if they have it at the same price. We bought up everything we could find around here.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
KBacon said:
Just FYI guys... The local Dick's (sporting goods) has had the Medalist Xscent stuff on clearance for $5 per piece. You might check out your local store to see if they have it at the same price. We bought up everything we could find around here.
KBacon,
Buy me 4 sets of XL top, L bottom, and I'll send ya $80, or $20 a set, plus shipping, if you can get some.

This stuff is very, very good. I've have X-Scent Base layer, (Cabela's has MTP Hunt Series Silk Weight stuff that is about $25 a piece), top and bottom, and it's good stuff. It is lined with Antimicrobial Silver Fibers which help eliminate the odor emitted from your body. I have nothing but good things to say about this stuff, and will likely never use anything else. That being said, I wash all my clothes, hunting clothes and regular clothes in ALL: Free & Clear Detergent, and use a scent free fabric softener. I also am very particular about keeping my boots scent-free or suppressed, and wear a thin neck gaiter over my mouth and nose to contain my respiratory tract scent that may be emitted. I cannot remember being "winded" in the last 3 yrs, and have had a few hundred deer within bow range during that period of time, including a few dandy bucks, only one of which I was able to close the deal on, but I do get close to them. I think beyond just having scent suppression clothing, you need to have a "Scent Suppression Discipline." X-Scent helps me with that.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
anything can't hurt

As goes with all the Scent Lock issue's. I used stuff last year with the x-scent and did pretty good with it. This year bought the Endura Skin stuff from Bass Pro to help with early season and long walks sweating. What I believe any of the stuff can't hurt. I would not buy Scent Lock because we know it fills up like a sponge quickly and cost's a ton. But I believe even filled it adds another possible layer of material that might help reduce scent. Anything in clothing that might slightly reduce scent can't hurt. Only the deer really know I think.

·
Registered
882 Posts
x scent

I've been really happy with X-Scent, except for the socks. I don't notice any foot odor with the socks, but they sweat me really bad. Especially with rubber boots. I am beginning to believe that the products with silver fibers along with a scent free shower are the way to go. I still spray some sort of scent killer on the outside to make sure that I cover any scent I may have come in contact with on my way to my hunting area, and I still hunt the wind. I can't remember the last time I was winded, and I have had a lot of deer come in downwind. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I used the X-Scent last year, and it was amazing. No foot odor. Also a big difference in underarm odor. I could wear the X-Scent for days without washing. Much better than cotton.

For my feet, I wear the X-Scent socks unerneath, then a wool liner to wick any moisture away. My cotton sock days are over.

I'm not a big fan of the Scentlok/Scent Blocker... but this X-Scent stuff works... and I can actually see (smell) the results.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I have used the Enduraskin system for two years now and I really love it. I have seen more deer and killed my first bow buck using it. And that was hunting afterwork. Give Enduraskin a look, great product!

Sean

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have the under armor and all I really want now is something light weight and that will keep me warm in the stand. Nothing bulky, and if it helps keep the White Castle Purfume down, bonus!!!!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I have used the EnduraSkin and think it really works. No matter what you do in this and no matter how long you do not wash it, no odor ever develops.

I just bought the X Scent fleece base layers for cold weather this year. It appears to be well made. Can not wait to put it to the test.

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
I just order X-Scents base layer. Will be here on Wednesday, I did some research and the science seems pretty sound, for those who have it what did you wash it with?

Did you put it in the dryer or did you hang dry?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I like it.

I've been using the X scent base layer stuff this year. Face mask, socks, top and bottom. I think it works although if I smell the armpit area of the shirt it still stinks a little. I wash it with sportwash / baking soda and put it in the dryer.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
k bacon, about the medalist x scent. read the package, i believe you bought the set that has the scent inhibitor in it and not their better stuff that has the silver in it. i could be wrong but i almost made the same mistake at our local dick's. although 5 bucks is 5 bucks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts