Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
ROLL TIDE
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a few gift cards for basspro, and I need to buy a meat grinder! Which models have you guys bought and what are your thoughts?

Good and bad reviews are welcome! Please stick to basspro models only!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
not sure of the ones bass pro has, but look at the shaft and tube. do not get a plastic one make sure its metal. now with that said. i wouldnt give an outrageous price for one. my parents have one they got in 1998. gave $100 for it,and it is still going strong. we have done as many as 8 deer in a season with it.

·
Registered
13,450 Posts
I got a few gift cards for basspro, and I need to buy a meat grinder! Which models have you guys bought and what are your thoughts?

Good and bad reviews are welcome! Please stick to basspro models only!
Look on ebay some that are way more powerful for a lot less money. I was just looking yesterday because I also got a few gift cards..

·
cosmo
1,880 Posts
The one at bass pro are the lem . It is like a 1/3 horse and it will grind deer up as fast as you can feed it

·
Registered
13,450 Posts
The one at bass pro are the lem . It is like a 1/3 horse and it will grind deer up as fast as you can feed it
yes they are lem but you have to select which model and watch the price over $500 real fast..
ebay has one 3 speed 3.4 HP 3000 watts for 149.00

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
I have a 3/4 horse lem and its a tank.it tears through anything you feed it.it could double as a chipper shredder its so powerful.lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
I also have the #12 LEM. Its probably over kill, but was only a few $$$ more than the next smaller size. Grinds meat like a hot knife through butter...even some meat that was half frozen. I haven't had it long, but don't regret getting it. Very well built...the thing weighs a ton.

·
Registered
13,450 Posts
I bought the #8 this year, I believe it is the 1/2 hp. Very nice piece of equipment.
how much was was that one?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Just be weary of the 150 dollar ones claiming to be super powerful 3 hp units. They arent....they are small units. Bass pro sells a similar lem for 150 too.
Its not made to handle much at one time from what Ive read. Slow...alot of clogging, which probably strains the cheaper motor.

They may work, but in the long run Im sure you get what you pay for

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
Just be weary of the 150 dollar ones claiming to be super powerful 3 hp units. They arent....they are small units. Bass pro sells a similar lem for 150 too.
Its not made to handle much at one time from what Ive read. Slow...alot of clogging, which probably strains the cheaper motor.
I agree I had one that was like 150.00 it was a 300 watt model.the thing was useless.it clogged every two seconds.the 1/2 horse model is ideal for personal deer processing.

·
ROLL TIDE
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm starting to get curious about the eBay one. Stx 3000 series 3/4 horsepower. 2700 sold and great reviews on amazon

·
Strictly Public Land
12,305 Posts
I dotn know the model we have but, my dad has the cheapest model its like 100 bucks, it grinds the meat just fine, we pile the meat up and one feeds the grinder and the other cuts the meat into smaller pieces just to help the grinder out. It has not struggled yet. we have ground up probably 10 deer in it still works like a champ.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I'm starting to get curious about the eBay one. Stx 3000 series 3/4 horsepower. 2700 sold and great reviews on amazon
yeah just checked that thing out...normally 300, so may be a good deal. Heres some vids to give you comparison.

The Stx seems powerful enough. He does have to constantly use the stomper, but not sure if that's because of the bones and being frozen

·
Registered
351 Posts
I think it depends on how much meat your going to grind. I got one from cabelas 3 or 4 years ago and only get 1 or two deer a year and it seems to do the job. It has the plastic gears and was around $100.00.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have the bass pro LEM # 8. Got it four years ago and between my family and friends I'd guess it has ground. 60 deer and a few hogs without a glitch. Great tool, I don't think you can go wrong. It's also very easy to clean. After I wash the parts I let them dry then spray with canola or olive oil (whatever my wife has in the cabinets) and I don't have a bit of problem.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I picked up the #5 1/4hp LEM about 6 years ago and have'nt had any problems with it. 17#'s of meat is the most I've ever run through it at any given time so I don't know how it would handle large amounts of processing. No complaints though.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I have the 1/4 HP LEM grinder and you can't beat it for personal home processing. I've ground up two deer in a matter of minutes a few times.. I've even ground half frozen meat that would bog down any lesser motor or break plastic gears.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts