Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Winner's choice on my Hoyt Katera xl and have been very happy with it. I just had a custom BCY made for my Hoyt Alphamax. Anyone have the good/bad of both?

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
I know Brownell and BCY are the two main makers of STRING MATERIAL. It's news to me that BCY now makes strings. I think someone gave you some wrong info.

Winner's Choice, Vapor Trail, Stone Mountain, Bucknasty, and everybody else you can think of all use string materials made by Brownell and BCY.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know Brownell and BCY are the two main makers of STRING MATERIAL. It's news to me that BCY now makes strings. I think someone gave you some wrong info.

Winner's Choice, Vapor Trail, Stone Mountain, Bucknasty, and everybody else you can think of all use string materials made by Brownell and BCY.
bfisher,

BCY did not make the string. A buddy of mine did using BCY materials. I guess I should have been more specific.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
we cant really answer your question on what will be a better string it depends on how well a job your buddy maken them.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
we cant really answer your question on what will be a better string it depends on how well a job your buddy maken them.
Yeap. BCY fibers are IMO the best in the business but anybody can make a crappy string out of good materials.

Just because you use good materials doesn't mean the string is gonna be good.:mg:

More important to a quality string is the way in which it is made :thumbs_up

·
I am nobody.........
8,659 Posts
FWIW, the Winners Choice strings were probably BCY material, unless you specifically ordered them with Brownell........probably 8125, again unless you specifically ordered some other material.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts