Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where does all the string makers buy their material from ?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Call Ray at BCY, you can also buy short spools for $12 apiece instead of spending 60 on ton's of material if you don't make a lot.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
I buy mine direct from BCY. They still have smaller spools (1/8 #) in 452X, 8125, and Dynaflight '97--at least they are on my 2008 price list. I haven't tried to order any--buy all mine by the 1/4# or 1# spool.

Chad

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys , I just went the faithful Lancasters will have 2 new colors here tomorrow .

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Call Ray at BCY, you can also buy short spools for $12 apiece instead of spending 60 on ton's of material if you don't make a lot.
BCY has stopped this policy. They are now making only 1/4# and the partial spools are now sold as 1/8# spools. It didn't make good business sense for them to sell partial spools for 1/5th of the 1/4# spool's price.

I buy all of my material from BCY. I can also furnish string and serving supplies to anyone who wish to order from me. The 1/8# 452X spools, I sell for $28 ea. with a $7 shipping cost on the order. This is an excellent price for the smaller string builder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts