Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 8 or 9 weeks ago I was given the opportunity to test out BCY’s new string material “Trophy” and have found it to be superior to anything I’ve used so far… “Trophy” is the same basic Dyneema/Vectran blend as 452X but with the addition of a bit of Gore Teflon fiber in the Vectran to improve durability and sound (The new fiber comes from the same folks that make Gore-Tex and BCY has an exclusive on using this fiber).

As mentioned I’ve been shooting “Trophy” for 8 or 9 weeks and find the speed and lack of creep to be at least as good as 452X but with better durability and a tad less noise. I’m hard on strings and this stuff is holding up very well. Needless to say, I’m very pleased with this new addition to the BCY family of products.

BCY is also introducing another new material called “Dynaflight 10”. “Dynaflight 10” is made from the high-end Dyneema SK-78 which is stronger and features improved creep resistance when compared to other Dyneema based materials.

These are the best BCY has produced yet!

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the new material.

I am a fan of 452X and make all my strings out this, but if there is a better option then I will have to consider it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Oh great, I just asked for two spools of 452X for Christmas lol!! Not to worry though, there's still nothin at all wrong with the 452X. So is Dynaflight 10 comparable to Dynaflight 97 but stronger? -Chris

·
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh great, I just asked for two spools of 452X for Christmas lol!! Not to worry though, there's still nothin at all wrong with the 452X. So is Dynaflight 10 comparable to Dynaflight 97 but stronger? -Chris
Yes, Dynaflight 10 is made from Dyneema SK-78 which is stronger with better creep resistance than the SK-75 used in Dynaflight 97. And you're absolutely right about 452X being a sound material. I understand that 452X will continue to be available as there are no plans to discontinue it.

Thanks to 909 for the update on when this material will be available as I didn't have that info. I only have a sample of black so I'm chomping at the bit for some colors of the new "Trophy" material.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,530 Posts
I look forward to trying some. I don't build strings and cables for public consumption but I expect my threads to be as reliable as those made by the most reputable builders......... so far so good with 452X.

·
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How is it as far as fuzziness? Is it going to be available at the Trade show.
This is 452X with the addition of the Gore Teflon. Vectran is the weakest link in the Dyneema/Vectran blends such as 452X. The teflon mixed with the Vectran acts as a lubricant to prevent the Vectran from breaking down, or at least that's my limited understanding of how it works. This also produces a sound reducing effect. As mentioned, I've been shooting "Trophy" for a couple of months and my string still looks pretty good.

I don't have any info on when the actual release will be available although from the post above I'm assuming mid January.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Thanks EPLC, I use BCY products exclusively so when they are saying they have made an improvement in their best product (IMO) it makes me want some right away. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts