Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Description: this is actually a slight relex/deflex design bow but i love it anyway. i took a leep of faith and ordered it from hunters friend. the bow it self is great but the service from HF was poor. but ill talk about that later in a post. anyhow there is no noticeable stacking at all with this bow. it is very for giving and literally no hand shock that i can notice. It is a very good looking bow however i think it could do without that bear medallion mounted into the wood. it kind of reminds me of my first BB gun. remember the red ryder with the medallion mounted in the stock. still this is a fantastic bow. it had really forced me to start relearning the importance of proper archery form. SO far the pics are from HF put i will post some of mine when i get some good pictures of it. I added some cat whiskers.

Keywords: Bear Montana Longbow

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got it from HF with 8 Easton Axis Traditional arrows (these are the ST type) with 125gr field points. These arrrows were cut to my draw length and tuned to the measured draw weight of the bow. It also came with a shooting glove, arm guard and quiver. Also string silencers.

ProsVery light, super quiet, no stacking, no hand shock.
Consthat damn medallion, cheap leather for hand grip.
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations on the Montana! I've been looking at that bow for a long time. I hope you post your findings if you do some bare shaft testing. I'm curious with how the bow will do in some fine tuning.

Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
21 Posts
they may be good for most I have a big jim thunder child smooth as silk no shock at all

Rating5
ProsI only paid $50.00 each for a brand new bow one 50# and one 55#
Conscan't shoot them the hand shock inflames my wrist
Would you recommend?yes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts