Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
My back-up bow is a Bear Instinct. It has served me well and I have never had a problem with it. It shoots very well and has a smooth draw. They are way under rated in my opinion. I relly like the looks of some of the 2010 models.

·
Registered
760 Posts
great bows tough too, drop mine last year from my treestand from 23ft up, did not hurt it went back to my buddys house and shot a few arrows to make sure and it did not skip a beat, only thing was damaged was my stablizer screw was bent but thats it

·
Registered
481 Posts
I bought my son a 2010 Bear Instinct for an early Xmas present. I am so impressed with it, I'm gonna try to swing an Instinct after the first of the year. It shoots awesome. I'm very impressed with the look of the new bows.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
i have a bear game over. smooth shooting bow and made a clean pass through on a buck at 30 yards. i got the ready to shoot game over for 300 bux. hard to beat that price

·
Registered
368 Posts
I also have a 2008 GameOver. Great bow, by far one of the smoothest draws on the bows I tried. My only complaint is the factory strings, but from what I've read here most bow mfgs put crappy strings on their bows. I put a H&M string on mine and couldnt be happier.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
My last three bows were made by Bear. Most people don't know it but alot of "other" bow companies pay Bear royalties for the use of their earlier patents. This is why they are able to price their bows less than the "other" bow companies. I feel they perform above price.
This may have less impact in the future.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I shoot a 08 Truth 2 and love it. Would have bought a newer one in 09 but there where no changes to it. Great bows IMO.
Ben

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
I heard from a couple of archery shop owners around here that said Bear customer service is all that good since they were bought out by a larger company. From what they say, Bear now mainly focuses on selling to larger retail stores like Dicks and Bass Pro.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts