Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bow and arrow Compound bow Bow Archery Sports equipment
Bow and arrow Bow Compound bow Archery Arrow

I received my new Arena 30 this week :smile:. I was looking for a compact hunting bow to be used in a ground blind or a tree stand. After getting the sight ( Axcel Vision 7 Pin .19 ) and rest ( QAD Ultra HDX ) installed, I had to hit the range. All I can say is WOW! This thing is dead in the hand and quite, extremely quite. The bow also has a Truglo Tru-Tec stabilizer and Limb Saver Ultra Max split limbs. I might switch out to a Bee Stinger Pro Hunter Max stabilizer, but I'm not sure yet. The bow is the 60-70 lb model.

I only have the ability to play at 20 yards right now, but after 1/2 dozen arrows I was able to get the Axcel sighted in shooting a 1" group using my Tru-Fire HardCore Max release. I cannot wait till I can push this bow out to 60-70 yards. Shadow Black-and-white Monochrome Tree Architecture

Overall Impressions: I have the Arena set at 60 lbs, 27.5" draw. I personally have not noticed any vibration. There is a nice valley, and with the cable stops installed, rock solid back wall. The draw is stiff, but extremely smooth, and this thing is whisper quite. I do not have a ton of experience with a lot of other bows, and I am no way an expert archer. I have played with some PSE's and Matthews, but all I can say is that this little bow rocks!

If your looking for a compact bow, I encourage everyone to give the Arena 30 a chance, guaranteed to put a smile on your face.

· Registered
1,722 Posts
I have shot it and it is a great shooting bow. Bear has really improved their bows especially their upper line bows over the last 3-4 years. Looking a fit and finish, shoot ability, etc. they are on par with everyone else. Really impressed with their economy or lower priced bows as well.

· Registered
1,722 Posts
If that is the Truglo stabilizer with the weights, it can't be beat for the money. Love that set up. Really loved my Armortech 7 pin but astigmatism kept getting worse and that many pins just blurred together. Love the HDX as well. Nothing like getting everything set up and dialed in just like you want on a new rig.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.