Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys Ive been bear baiting a few weeks now and one of the main staples of my bait has been trail mix. I got it in a 50 gallon drum and the first 25 gallons or so was a sweeter version of the trail mix but now that Im getting farther down in the barrel its turning into a spicy mix of trail mix? It has a seasoning salt on it like you would find on a hot bag of peanuts, almonds, etc. Does anyone know if bears will still like this spicy version of trail mix? My tag starts on Wed and I just dont want to mess anything up. Any opinions?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
dump some grease on it and the bears wont care how spicy it is. If you can't get any grease, go to a gordons food service or somewhere else that sells bulk food and pick up a large can of strawberry glaze, or some pudding (vanilla, chocolate, tapioca) and cover the trail mix with that. good luck filling your tag this year...my season starts in 13 days

·
SMOKE-N-FINN
1,228 Posts
Bears will eat most anything, mix it with something sweet if you are worried, pie filling, mixed with corn , molasses mixed in works well, I doubt it will turn them off, the berries are finishing up, so that should help a little, dont know about the fall cherry or choke cherry population in your area, but I have been seeing riped down trees up here. Good luck cause I know it takes a good long while in WI and there are bears everywhere up here.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I mixed it with doughnut filling and then another bucket with grease so hopefully that takes care of it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts