Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 62", 29# Bear Cub for a good price on ebay. It has a 10-strand string that my Gold Tip Traditional Hunter's slide off of. When I nock an arrow, it just slides up and down at will. My arrows are 400 spine - yes I know they are way over spined for this bow. However, the reason I bought this light weight bow was to work on my form, so having correct arrows or getting this tuned up perfect isn't really that important to me. Maybe in the future, but for now I'd rather shoot the arrows I have.

So my question: Is a 14-strand B-50 string too much for this bow? I have a 14-strander for my 50# Kodiak Magnum, so I know my arrows will work if I can get a 14 for this Cub. Or, can the 10-strander I have be re-wrapped so my nocks will fit?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
The least expensive way is to put on two nocking points and wrap in between them with some dental floss till the nocks will stay on the string.

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,248 Posts
The really, really, really, quick and dirty way is to wrap masking tape around the string, though I think GBUSA's suggestion is better. Masking tape works fine in a pinch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts