Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month or So ago I bought an encounter. I am in love with it. Just thinking about it makes me crack a smile. So now that I have put a few hundred or so arrows through it. I have figured out what I really want to do with her. I am making her a target bow. I know I know its not a 30+ ATA blah blah blah. I don't care. BUT its a hunting bow I DON'T CARE...... This is MY baby and this is what I am doing to her.

So this Week I have sent out the riser to get powder coated. I am not going to say what color but its going to be wicked bright. 2nd I contacted Jeremy at Archery Shack and ordered a set of BCY Trophy Strings and Cables. I have to say super nice guy very helpful . 3rd Since the limbs are fiberglass, They cant be powder coated. So I have sanded the hydro dip off to bare fiberglass. These will be painted with a paint that has an additive that will allow the paint to dry but remain flexible and not crack. This is the same stuff they paint car bumpers with. So that's all for now..... MORE PICS SOON!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tttt

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Step 2 Complete Limbs pained black

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Step 3 waiting for riser to be coated and strings to arrive.
In the mean time I made a new wrist sling. I did a piranha knot its roughly about 30 feet of cord.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update. So Christmas came and went. I amm STILL waiting on my riser and strings I hit up Lancaster yesterday and picked up a stabilizer,sights,scope housing, basic dot lens and the ever so important 30-06 string snot. cant wait to get it all. I love my toys...
Cartel Activa Sight System

X-Spot Basic target scope

Cartel Triple carbon stabilizer 30 inches ( eventually I will upgrade to an Easton a\c\e carbon and this will go on my recurve)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Woot! got my strings yesterday!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well Lancaster came through today. I wish my riser did. guy is having some setbacks. personal ones. like his bathroom blew up on Christmas. I cant fault him for it. but ITS KILLING ME!
Here are the treats from lancaster.
Cartel aptiva w/triple scope 507 basic w/ 1.0x lens

Cartel Triple Carbon LE CX 350 30 inch Stabilizer

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can't wait to see it finished! I have an encounter I plan to paint but than again I'm a painter by trade lol. Can't keep things stock for long! Good luck with your bow!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have been waiting for my riser to come back LOL
Next phase! Receive bow in the mail and put together! WooT!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My baby...She shoots like a dream not not a bad start to boot!

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
sweet looking bow!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thank you!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Looks sharp!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is a pic of of the field range area of my club. and the 50 yard target I was shooting at with my encounter. great day!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts