Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone hunted at Patten Outfitters for Black Bear in Maine?
Booking next week and just asking for any feedback.
TIA

·
Registered
34 Posts
My father is an outfitter in new brunswick, they do a lot of spring black bear hunts, let me know if your interested, probably a lot better deal being the strong us dollar compared to Canada.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I hunted with OMM outfitters this fall I had a fun time. hunted the same stand every night saw bears every eve saw a monster the 2nd night but no shot ended up taking a 161lb live weight bear the last night most bears that week where 90 to 206 lbs live weight. Think I may book a trap and bait combo for 2017 with Maine Trophy Outfitters and try to come home with a double.

·
That's a bear track!
28,860 Posts
I'm not too far north of Patten. Forty miles or so. The area has long been known as a bear hunting destination. I got this guy about ten miles from my home. Biologists monitor our bear population by yanking teeth to help them determine the age structure running around out there. They're usually pretty definitive as to the age of the bear but they say this one was a 16 or 17 year old. He was probably on my baits as a cub. He messed with the bull one too many times.

Attachments

·
That's a bear track!
28,860 Posts
Has anyone hunted at Patten Outfitters for Black Bear in Maine?
Booking next week and just asking for any feedback.
TIA
Just an opinion from a guy on the ground, look further north and west. Northwestern Aroostook County is where I'd go if I were looking for large bear. Guides/outfitters lease up large tracts from the paper companies and they have exclusive access to the ground for bear hunting. The more remote you go, the better your chances of bagging a bigger bear.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've booked a Bear hunt in Sept. with Laney's Guide Service in Grande Lake Stream. This will be my first bear hunt so i'm pretty pumped! Have you guys heard of Laney's?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts