Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know its probly a little early to be asking about bears but, I have never hunted bear before and found some public land that I can hunt them this year and figured I would give it a try. I live in Georgia so the season doesn't start for a few more months, I just thought I would go ahead and ask now so I could be prepared when the season rolls around. As far as I know in Georgia you can't bait so what do you do? Spot and stalk or just sit and hope one passes by? Would using a distress call or something bring them in? Basically what all do I need to know about bear hunting? I just want to be prepared when the season rolls around

·
Alaska hunter
675 Posts
find some natural baits- if any fruits are ripe at that time you should be able to find them in the fruit crops. Bear have a naturally sweet tooth. I don't know Georgia at all... so thats all the advice I can give.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I glass open grass patches near creeks the greener and wetter the better and in the summer/fall when berries com on i switch to looking in berry patches but we have a lot of units with lot of food. If you don't have large areas you can glass then game calls do work well if you can find an area a bear has been working i would call for at least 45 min to an hour it may take them awhile to come in.

·
Toxophilite
267 Posts
In the fall you need to follow their food source, and they generally will be pretty close to a water source. Good luck, its very addicting in my opinion

1 - 4 of 4 Posts