Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a little while back some pics of the deer that hang out in my yard, and I think I posted some of a herd of elk that comes through every week or so. But I promised ya'll I would get a pic of the bears that make my yard their nightly hang out. This one got hungry for my peaches last night, and ended up breaking about every branch off the tree. You can see the mess he caused by the pics. Damn bears tear some stuff up. I live in Northern New Mexico, and we have plenty of bears. The pic of the bear didn't come out very well. It was dark outside and I couldn't firgure out how to use my wifes camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My peach tree, or what's left of it this morning

I love the bears, but this is getting out of hand.....

Attachments

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
here is another of the destruction

Attachments

·
11,954 Posts
bowhunt_n said:
I love the bears, but this is getting out of hand.....

That is grounds for a whoopin! I don't know if I would have the guts or not since I have never seen a bear (Illinoisian) but I am thinking some bear pepper spray the next time he shows his face around my yard.

That SUCKS.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last one..........

Attachments

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
i would be the new recpeiptant of a bear rug or mount right off quick!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
That's a decent bear for sure! Boy those trees have seen better days huh?

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whaack said:
That is grounds for a whoopin! I don't know if I would have the guts or not since I have never seen a bear (Illinoisian) but I am thinking some bear pepper spray the next time he shows his face around my yard.

That SUCKS.
Man, the bears are a common fixture around here. They are here EVERY night, and sometimes during the day. They even get in peoples houses. One got in an old mans house just up the street from me the other night while he was sleeping. Ate everything in his fridge and cupboards then just left. Everybody is used to them, and they have never attacked anybody. I have shot the bear in the pic with everything from my pellet gun, paintball gun, and bear chasers(little 22 shells with bird shot in them). He doesn't care. Next time one tears my tree up like this guy did, the 12 gauge or .300 Mag may come out though.

·
Registered
252 Posts
not to be mean or anything but i would check with the game warden and see if the problem could be nutrilized.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
What no bear season where your at?

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bowhuntingkid14 said:
not to be mean or anything but i would check with the game warden and see if the problem could be nutrilized.

This has been going on for years and years. A few years ago the killed 150 bears in town. Still the problem persists. They took our dumpsters away. They put feeding stations in the surrounding mountians. They still come eat my damn peaches. They trapped 4 of them in my yard already this year. Trust me they know the problem is there.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WATERFOWLER said:
What no bear season where your at?
It is bear season as we speak my freind. I like to make it a little more challenging though. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I'm sure i can get a plane ticket for tomorrow.............:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
You can use my roof as a stand. Only a 12 yard shot. :)

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Great pics, sorry about the tree.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts