Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Bear Kodiak hunter for sale, yes it has dings, but in real good shooting shape. It is missing the Bear medallion as the previous owner installed sight holes there. (silly) I saw the medallions on flebay for $10.95. I did fill the holes with JB weld and is rock solid. This bow is AMO 60" and 45# It Has a new string. I am not sure if they made this bow in Grayling green but it does have green glass limbs. $175.00 OBO. Thank you looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
The Kodiak Hunter was only manufactured in Grayling during the years 1967 1/2 -1977. Your Kodiak Hunter is a 1976-77 model. The medallion used on the mid 1972-77 model was a raised plastic version and not the flat style replicas that you see on eBay or can purchase at 3Rivers. I know of no source for replica raised plastic medallions but the early Bear compounds also used them. The kind of bows you should be able to buy at garage sales for $10-$15 or less.

Best regards

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Bowjack for the information, I appreciate it. I now realize I have a medallion on a Old compound riser that is just laying around.

Mark

·
Registered
632 Posts
Pm sent

·
Registered
855 Posts
Mark, I believe sometime in 76 the serial number prefix switched to KH and the 77 had gray limb glass. I would date yours as an earlier 1976 model. That is a reasonable price on a good shooting Bear bow.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Hmm could you send a pic with the medallion? I'm definitely interested

1 - 10 of 10 Posts