Archery Talk Forum banner

Bear Lights Out?

4329 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  ctbowhunter
I have a question about my Lights Out. On the cam, it has numbers that go from 4-10 and allen head screws. Is there where you can adjust the draw length? My bow is supposed to be 28' but it is on the 7 on the cam. Also, you guys that called bear about the cam wearing the cable out, what did they say? Mine is kinda bad but I want to wait about putting new strings til after season. Thanks
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
410 Posts
To adjust the draw length, the bow must be put into a press to remove the tension. Then The module will need to be changed to the proper DL module. (The module is the little black piece that those screws hold on). About the cable....Many have contacted Bear, and they've said as long as the cable is not being cut, its fine. The serving on almost all single cam bows eventually wears there. As long as the cable is not fraying badly, or not being cut you'll be OK for a while. Before to long, you should replace the cables and strings with A HIGH QUALITY replacement.

· Registered
203 Posts
Actually, you don't need a bow press to change to draw length. I just changed my Game Over from 28" to 29". Its easy, get the draw length module you need, remove the 2 allen head screws and install new module. You also have to move the draw stop module to the position that matches your DL module. That's it. The instructions are in the Bear manual, you can get it on-line, on the Bear website. The #7 module is a 28" draw length, a #8 is 29".

Hope this helps

Frank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.