Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend from church pass just recently, as his son was going through his belongings he invited me to pick something out in remembrance of his father. I noticed a "recurve" bow, since he was in the process on giving some pointers on archery he said I can have it. It is a "Kodiak special" with what I call serial number (9AV8B and 48#). It does not have a string to it, I was wondering if someone can assist me with the right type of string I can have the local shop and re-install any attachment it came with where the two holes are on the photo.

I am a new to archery, but I will keep this bow and learn to shoot with it. I guess this was built in 1959, which happens to be my year of birth. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
That's a pretty cool gift. Welcome to the site. I'm sorry I can't help with info, but there are plenty of fellas on here that will be able to help you. Give it an hour or two...if nobody posts info, just post back in your own thread. Type "anybody" or "ttt", which means to the top. Good luck.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,208 Posts
Get a 66" AMO Dacron and you'll be good to go.

Take it to a good archery shop and have them check it over.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
If you go back to the beginning of the forums their is one listed for Traditonal Archery and there maybe more people there that can help. I've never seen the holes before unless someone attached a bow fishing reel or something like that.

·
Registered
19,213 Posts
Make sure that you get a BOW STRINGER & have the shop show you how to use it, it keeps you from twisting the limbs. Good Luck & Good Shooting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts