Archery Talk Forum banner

Bear Truth II

1023 Views 18 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  hoodedmonk
A friend just purchased a new bear truth II. Every third or forth shot the string doesn't stay inside of the string suppressor. Has any one else had this problem and if so how do I fix it?:dontknow::dontknow:
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,545 Posts
That is strange. Only thing I can think of is make sure the rubber pieces are turned the right way were they line up with the center of your limbs. You can't tell by looking at the string b/c the rubber pieces would pull it slightly off line if there not lined up.

· im not NOT licking toads.
7,992 Posts
the problem could be this............
on every truth II i have seen so far,
the rubber stoppers actualy push against the string.

you could try taking the rubber pieces off
and grinding down the ends of the rod slightly
till the rubber just barely touches the string.

i know a few II's that this has been done to, and it worked great.

· Registered
511 Posts
When my bow did that, I tightened the string suppressors & then I bent them slightly toward the limb tips. No more problems.:wink::D

· Registered
12,283 Posts
Check for excessive lean of the idle wheel and/or cam. I saw one that was way, way out and a simple adjustment of the yoke solved the problem. Kinda doubt if its bad that it has to do witht he suppressors. Just MHO.

· Registered
10,406 Posts
My best friend has one and did the same thing......anyone of the above things to do will fix it....his cam had a little more lean than norm and once we fixed it....it was fine.gl

· Registered
22 Posts
Another Bear

My brother has a Bear I think it is the Game Over model his string comes out of the suppressor as well he also has some bad wear marks on the string by the cam on the bootom he talked to the dealer and they said that is just how it wears i think it is because of cam lean how do you fix that?

· Registered
213 Posts
Easy fix. Just put some pressure on the rubber end of the dampner and line the string up in the middle of the dampner to fix this problem. You may have to move it to one side or the other of the dampner to get it lined up to catch the string. Line it up take 2 or 3 shots see if it is catching it then make your adjustments from there. Backing off the draw weight sometimes will be a need for lining up the dampner rod with the string again.

· Banned
310 Posts
As said before, make sure the suppressors are tight, and if need be, bend them a SMALL amount. The top one cannot be bent as much as the bottom one without the Y cable hitting it at full draw. Keep that in mind!

· Registered
4,122 Posts
Truth 2

well said. MIhunta is right!!!
What they said. I bent one of mine slightly just so it was more centered on the string. Never had the problem again. If you do the top one, just make sure your yoke is clearing it on the draw.

· Registered
1,545 Posts
My brother has a Bear I think it is the Game Over model his string comes out of the suppressor as well he also has some bad wear marks on the string by the cam on the bootom he talked to the dealer and they said that is just how it wears i think it is because of cam lean how do you fix that?
The wear on the string by the cams would most likely be do to the draw stop not being set correctly, causing the cam to over rotate and wear on the string. The draw stop needs to be set in accordance to the draw length mod that is in the bow.

· Registered
2,113 Posts
Re string wear

I had this problem with string wear near the bottom cam. It was not cam lean but the draw module not matching up perfectly with the cam where they meet. I shimmed the cam ever so slightly with a piece of thin paper and some superglue to make the inside edges of the cam and module line up perfectly, also you can smooth off the inside edges of the module where it meets the cam. On another Bear Instinct(I have 2) I still got wear even though everything was lined up so I tightly wrapped some waxed peep tying thread around the affected area of the string and greatly prolonged the life of my string......A good quality aftermarket string will also help.

Bear bows do seem to wear the string prematurely where the string rolls over on the cam, like I said some waxed peep tying thread around this area greatly reduced string wear for me and I now get much longer string life.

· Registered
2,713 Posts
All fixed! place a small rubber o ring on the screw between the surpressor rod and the riser. You will never be able to tell anything was done, and it worked great. mine actually came of of a shock from a small RC car. NAPA probably has an assortment of them to choose from.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.