Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am real familiar with Bitzenburger as we all are. I have never seen the Bearpaw jig.

Anyone who has seen/used the Bearpaw Fletching Jig please give me a comparison in relation the the Bitzenburger.

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone????

·
Registered
443 Posts
Bearpaw jig

I got rid of my old Bitz...Receiver was sloppy and I didn't think I should have to spend another $30 to fix it...I got a Bearpaw from Lancaster...For me it's a great jig...adjusts to number of fletches you use w/a push of the slide tab..no tools there....Clamp is easy to adjust for straight/offset ala the Bitz. Nice solid jig, mostly metal...plastic clamp...excellent magnets...(I keep a piece of metal on the magnets when not in use...good for them). Comes w/two arrow holders so you can choose which one best fits your arrows...std/narrow...Easy to set up and use...I'm surprised more guys aren't using them...Also you can get it w/any type of clamp you want...straidht/helical...For my two-or-so dozen arrows a year it's excellent. Very sturdy...Going to get a second one one of these days...The only thing I'd like to see is a metal clamp...but this one works flawlessly (I rub it w/string wax so nothing sticks to it...it doesn't if you do it right but why not ?). $50...I'd recommend it highly. Lancasters have them...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got rid of my old Bitz...Receiver was sloppy and I didn't think I should have to spend another $30 to fix it...I got a Bearpaw from Lancaster...For me it's a great jig...adjusts to number of fletches you use w/a push of the slide tab..no tools there....Clamp is easy to adjust for straight/offset ala the Bitz. Nice solid jig, mostly metal...plastic clamp...excellent magnets...(I keep a piece of metal on the magnets when not in use...good for them). Comes w/two arrow holders so you can choose which one best fits your arrows...std/narrow...Easy to set up and use...I'm surprised more guys aren't using them...Also you can get it w/any type of clamp you want...straidht/helical...For my two-or-so dozen arrows a year it's excellent. Very sturdy...Going to get a second one one of these days...The only thing I'd like to see is a metal clamp...but this one works flawlessly (I rub it w/string wax so nothing sticks to it...it doesn't if you do it right but why not ?). $50...I'd recommend it highly. Lancasters have them...
I have a Bear Paw and couldn't have said it better.
I did just buy the EZ fletch mini for Blazers. Work s graet and does 3 flecthings at a time.

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
I haven't used a Bitz jig but I have used a few others, and can say that the Bear Paw is every bit as good at the 'high dollar' (Beiter, etc) jigs. It is well constructed, operates smoothly, nice tension adjustment, and smooth pay-out. There's a pic of the Bear Paw in the white box to the left of the open drawer....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts