Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I was getting my Bow and Scope out to shoot and as I looked out the glass door down the range I noticed my target was missing. What the...

So I walked out and noticed that the bracket that I hang the field tip yellow jacket target was bent and the target gone. I live in a very remote place and had not heard any cars in the driveway so I wondered what could have happened. I looked around in the woods and low and behold there was the target butt ripped all to pieces with the stuffing pulled out. Obviously a bear was curious...

Once I examined the remains closely I noticed that the target butt is packed with cotton stuffing AND old burlap bags marked "OUTSPAN Product of Cote D'Ivoire Cocoa". When I pulled one of the bags out of the target a few cocoa beans spilled out. The hungry bear had smelled the coca beans and had ripped into the target for a snack!

Yellow Jacket targets are assembled in Guatemala and I guess OUTSPAN has a cocoa growing business there too.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Too funny! When I recovered mine and pulled the stuffing out to repack it I also has some beans spill out of the canvas sack.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Ha that is pretty funny. So they are built in Guatemala and use OUTSPAN beads from the Ivory Coast (Thats what Americans call Cote D'Ivoire)

Seems a little weird but I guess it makes sense!

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
If you go hiking around your place, you had better make sure that you don't have a Hershey bar in you pocket!!!:D A bear with a sweet tooth is not a good thing.

Automan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts