Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out 3 days this weekend and between my buddy and I saw bears 13 times! At least 8 different bears...and were not over populated :embara: Anyone else seeing a lot of them?? Im about to start shooting them with blunt tips so they go away and I can actually see some deer!! And there is a really really nice boar that comes once in a while, he's huge! Too bad we dont have a hunt... this state blows

·
Registered
9 Posts
last year the farm i hunt on had 11 bears on 150 ac. This year the farmer was able to prove crop damage and the state gave him a bear permit. So far this year i've only been seeing one sow with a cub. Still want to see a bear hunt so i can get back in to a couple of spots i use to like to hunt but have been run out by the bears.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I see anywere from 1 to 10 bear every time I hunt in zone 5.
Last year I had 1 try to climb the tree I was in,good thing a had pepper spray.:eek:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah were looking into a depredation permit for bears. But its unbelievable! Its to the point where I bring rocks with me to scare off the bears! They dont care if im doing jumping jacks, they just keep on eating! And I've yet to see a deer within an hour of the bears being around :(. Hopefully they chop the corn and the bears will go away!

btw the NJ forum is really slow on here! Anyone have any luck yet this year? Im in zone 2 so ive been open since Sept 12th, got busted on a nice 8pt early this week, and I shot a button buck last night thinking it was a doe...oh well haha he'll taste good!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts