Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
25,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We must have a beaver on steroids. This tree is about 25'' in diameter at the base. I wonder how long it took him to chew it down. Just up the road, there used to be a general store that closed down recently. It was named the ''Beaver Lick trading post''.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Fairly normal for them to take down that size tree down in the swamps of LA.

Usually it's a mating pair that does that.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I think I read this article in Playboy once, except the pictures in there were more interesting and included beavers, not giant logs.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Its very normal Jim. I trap nuisance beavers for the locals. I just trapped a colony of seven that built their lodge on the back end of a pontoon boat that was tied to the bank of a pond.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,890 Posts
That naughty beaver could use a good spanking.
🦫

·
Vendor
25,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Could you imagine people going to a trading post just to lick a beaver? Strange times.
The owners got divorced and there is no more Beaver Lick trading post. Evidently the owners wife had the last word. Look up Beaver post trading post Images

·
Registered
712 Posts
If you have never seen ones skull its pretty amazing. The long front chewing teeth extend up into their skull in a tube like cavity. They feed out like a conveyor belt as they wear down. I lived by a spring where it came out of a hill,turned into a spring creek then flowed into a river. Beavers constantly swam up the creek and dammed it. It would flood my yard in a foot of water. I battled them constantly to break up their dam and exterminate them. For a while I did not think they were cute,or funny,or interesting. I was at war with them. I have got over it now...Sure brings back memories every time I am out fishing and one goes by then slaps that tail and dives.

·
Beer Whisperer
11,293 Posts
Could you imagine people going to a trading post just to lick a beaver? Strange times.
In Nevada, they call trading posts like that, brothels.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts