Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any info on how to check if our hunting clothes have been contaminated by UV substance (they use it as cloth brightener) which enable animal to see us like a fuorecent light.

I heard about using UV light (like the one used to check fake money). does this work?

Thanks
Regards,
Mel

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Check Out Sno Seal Atsko in SC USA Most modern clothing sold to US Bowhunters is free of UV Stuff Gear from China & Korea I dont know about

Get a UV Black Light and check your own gear out

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Any ultraviolet light source will work. Here in the US we call ultraviolet light UV or black light, all the same thing.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Check what you wash your gear in as well. Back, no, way back when I used to go to clubing they used to have a lot of UV lights in discos. everbodies white shirts would glow under those lights. One time I washed a shirt with a bar of soap instead of washing powder and the shirt did not glow at under the lights.

·
Registered
468 Posts
U V Brighteners

MOST IF NOT ALL OF THE SCENT CONTROL SOAPS OF TODAY DO NOT CONTAIN UV BRIGHTENERS. JUST READ THE LABELS. :smile:

·
Registered
765 Posts
What about detergents that are supposably perfume and brightener free,like Arm and Hammer?
Thanks
Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts