Archery Talk Forum banner

Bedded Doe Decoy Question

2929 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  lzema
I am wanting to use a bedded doe decoy during the rut with a buck standing over her. Does anyone here know where to get one...or do I use a regular decoy without the legs. If anyone has one or has used one....would luv to some help.
Thanks
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
17,591 Posts
I am using a Flambeau Redi-Doe without the legs. It's all you need really. I'm going in a couple days for an evening hunt where I saw a great bachelor group of bucks. I am going to set the decoy bedded as a small buck in the food plot and hopefully tag one of the big guys before the October lull starts.

· Registered
5,479 Posts
I don't know that I've seen a bedded doe decoy.

Rinehart makes a bedded doe 3d target. But I imagine it would be quite expensive and heavy to get out in the field.

· THwack--CRASH
11,208 Posts
Yes they have a doe decoy that you leave the legs off to make her laying down and we have done just what your going to do we only did it once last year why we quit i don't know but,it worked a small 6 came right in and stayed untill i rattled to see what he would do .....i found out, he booked

· Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am using a Flambeau Redi-Doe without the legs. It's all you need really. I'm going in a couple days for an evening hunt where I saw a great bachelor group of bucks. I am going to set the decoy bedded as a small buck in the food plot and hopefully tag one of the big guys before the October lull starts.
thanks...

· Registered
353 Posts
I am wanting to use a bedded doe decoy during the rut with a buck standing over her. Does anyone here know where to get one...or do I use a regular decoy without the legs. If anyone has one or has used one....would luv to some help.
Thanks
Feather-Flex makes a roll-up foam decoy that looks great. It weighs about 1 pound, sets up silently, and looks like the real deal.

· Registered
4,434 Posts
check this out

Hello,

I have looked at the product put out by this company www.tidecoys.com.
Check their doe/buck combo out. If you happen to buy one, then please give me some feedback on it. I am going to order one or two but won't get to use them until November when I go to Illinois to hunt. TM

· Registered
999 Posts
Feather-Flex makes a roll-up foam decoy that looks great. It weighs about 1 pound, sets up silently, and looks like the real deal.
I've had my Feather Flex decoy for about 15 yrs. now. The only drawback to this is the visibility. Make sure it is on a high spot or it is not easily seen. I've had bucks take a bee line straight to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.