Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for a different stabilizer and have been debating these two. Can anyone with these stabs give me a review on them? I'm really interested in the 6 and 8 in strokerized hunter and the 8 in beestinger sport hunter extreme. Thanks!

·
#teamPSE
5,566 Posts
Bstinger does better at stabilizing. The bar is lighter so it allows the weight on the end to do more work. The stokerized acrylic bar is heavier so the weight on the end is less effective.

·
Registered
14,257 Posts
Tough one... I have 2 very similar bows one with a 8.5" 8oz bstinger on it and the other with a 6" stokerized hunter with a qd and thick bracket behind the qd makes it about an 8" stab...

The rod on the bstinger it lighter. The Saturn weight is a bit lighter than the 8oz bstinger.

I feel I can hold better with the bstinger however, the stokerized is much nicer looking IMO.

Both great stabs but I gotta give the bstinger the edge in function...

I would not hesitate buying either one again.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the quick replies! I forgot to mention that I'm also looking at the strokerized ss1, does anyone use one and does it over balance a bow without a quiver on? Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Love my b-stinger! I have the exact one you mentioned. I added two weights to mine and am very happy with it. It changed my thinking of a stabilizer as an afterthought to an actual tool to help your shooting. You won't be disappointed with the b-stinger.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Had the SS1 and it balances very well, quiver on and off. But it added vibe to my bow. Don't know why but I shot without any stab at all and it felt better than with the SS1. Doinker tactical is the same price and it's a much better choice, more customizable and comes with everything you need, weights and dampeners.

·
Ice Cold
11,925 Posts
Had the SS1 and it balances very well, quiver on and off. But it added vibe to my bow. Don't know why but I shot without any stab at all and it felt better than with the SS1. Doinker tactical is the same price and it's a much better choice, more customizable and comes with everything you need, weights and dampeners.
I asked about the SS1 once and this is what every reply said.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have both also and I find them to work similarly. Stokerized is way nicer fit and finish. Hate the Bstinger cheap looking wrap tape around the tube. Function clearly more important than appearance but to me it seems like Bstinger could try just a little bit harder here. I can't recall a cheaper looking stabilizer. Again, it works well and the weight system is effective, I just like the Stoker better.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I have the SS1 on an Elite Hunter and it does a great job. I had to add several of the 3/4" weights to get it right which could get expensive. You can use the aluminum weights closer to the bow and the steel weights out toward the end away from the bow where you want the most weight. Stoker sells a bowjax endcap.I use it on mine and the bow has very little vibe.

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
I been using 8.5", 8 oz. b-stinger pro hunter for years. To me the perfect hunting length and weight. I was using the 11 oz. B-stinger all day long. Just for that added touch, I slipped a bowjax dampener on rod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts