Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came home tonight to a new birthday bow, a Carbon Knight. (I haven't shot a bow in about 50 years and things have certainly changed.) I'm hoping to do some hunting and plinking here in the hills of West Virginia. I have the option of swapping it out for something different if I do it in the next couple of days. It seems like a very nice to great bow, but I honestly don't even know what questions to ask. It's pretty much decked out and ready to shoot, except for arrows and a release. Any thoughts for the new old guy would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
It is an awesome hunting and flinging arrows bow. It is very light weight, accurate, and quiet. There are many good options in the market today but the CK is a darn good bow. Have had mine for almost a year now and they will have to come out with something GREAT for me to part with it. If it came with the RAK package it will get you shooting right away. Down the road you may wanna get a little heavier and a little longer stabilizer to help steady how lightweight the bow is. The quiver is good to go. The sight is quite good. The rest is a good one but after some use you may have to replace the lower brush when worn. Good bow congrats.

You didn't note what draw weight the bow was. Is it a 70#, 60#, 50#?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the comment. It's good to hear. The shipping tag says "Carbon Knight RH 60# Infinity RAQ EQ", so I guess it's a 60#. And apparently I do have the RAK package. Can you tell me what the EQ stands for? How much can the draw weight be adjusted? Can I start lower and work up to 60+, or am I working with 60# start to finish?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
60# max give or take a # or 2 and down to 50#

·
Registered
717 Posts
I just got the Overdrive. Great bow. So very fast. CK is an awsome beginner, or experienced shooter bow. Great bang for buck.

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
Thanks for the comment. It's good to hear. The shipping tag says "Carbon Knight RH 60# Infinity RAQ EQ", so I guess it's a 60#. And apparently I do have the RAK package. Can you tell me what the EQ stands for? How much can the draw weight be adjusted? Can I start lower and work up to 60+, or am I working with 60# start to finish?
Good, you got a 60#. Yes you can back a 60# off down to 50 pounds. Back it off and work your way up to where your comfortable.

RAK EQ: Ready Aim Kill equipped

·
Registered
519 Posts
I love my Knight. I bought it last year and have killed 3 deer with it this year. It shoots great and is an awesome bow in my humble opinion. I did not buy mine with the RAK package, but I did have an Assassin with it and it was fine for me. I used the Assassin for hunting and 3d with the RAK package and never had a problem. Just watch the bottom brush on the Octane rest for wear.

·
Yeah I'd shot that one...
1,759 Posts
I do not have the Knight but I have shot it and I like it a lot!!!

If I got one for my Bday I would be very happy!!!

CG

·
Registered
437 Posts
I cant part with my CK. It is an amazing bow for the money. Get it dialed in, and you will find what accessories will suit your style.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts