Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an old Damon Howattt Hunter back in the spring and have become fairly comfortable with it. Now i need to set it up for deer season. The first thing i need is some advice on a reasonably priced quiver that i don't have to drill holes for. Next, the limbs are a hideous aqua green color that i would like to get the camo cover for. Where should i look? And last i have always been a big fan of Thunderhead 100 in my compound, would a cut to tip head like the Rocky Mtn. heads be better.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Can't tell you about the camo. But, as a begginer myself, I realy like the wensel woodsmans broadheads,$ 25.00 6 pack. Got them thru 3 rivers archery.com. I just got some and they fly great. I also bought a Neet hip quiver from keystone country store.com. Holds 6 arrows w/ broadheads. It is comfortable easy to use and adjusts from left to right side. Comes with a web belt and leg tie down strap, $35.00.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like to keep as much weight off my recurve as possible, so rather attaching the quiver to the bow I like to use the Rancho Safari Cat Quivers. The best one that I found is their Mini model. That one comes with a shoulder strap, but also will clip on to just about any pack. The only limitation is that you arrow overall length including the broadhead must be the same size for all.

The nock end pushes into to spounge type foam at the top and the broadhead tip is pushed against a harder rubber bottom by the pressure against the foam. It works pretty well and is a very handy carry.

For camo covering I like the cloth tape. Goes on easy and comes off easy with little to no mess at the end of the hunt. I haven't noticed any difference in performance using it, even when wet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.