Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get into shooting competitively, but I have no idea what to do and where to start. I have shot 3-D and I HATED the judging distance! i lost 3 arrows that day! i can shoot known distances easily but judging distance is out of the question! I live in Louisiana so if anyone can point me in a direction to start i'd greatly appreciate it!

Trevor

·
It's where its at!!
1,981 Posts
You might get a few more ideas from the field forum. Lots of good guys over there, field is marked yardage :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the help! I believe I'm going to start in field archery! I'm not sure of any of that going on around louisiana so Im going to have to drive! Thanks for the help y'all!

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Red River Bowmen at Bossier City shoots field and 3d. Baton Rouge still has a field club, I think. Both a long ways from Leesville. You can find field in Texas too. In your position, with field as hard to find as it is, I would try to shoot both 3d & some field with the same setup. The ASA shoot at W. Monroe is a super event and it's right in your back yard. You WILL get much better at judging distance if you practice doing it enough. Both games are as challenging as you want to make it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks TNMAN! I didn't know about any of those! I can make bossier city trip and a w.Monroe trip easily! Might meet duck commander in w. Monroe! Lol thanks I will go to my pro shop and see if they can give me some dates on these things!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts