Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How good are Beiter scope? Which one should I go with, black or clear? what are the pros and cons about color.

I am shooting FITA only!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I used a Beiter scope for almost 2 yrs and I really liked it. I prefer the clear color bc its almost transparent, I can hardly see the scope body when I aim, just the fluor pin. But I have seen ppl who like the black body better, so, thats just my opinion. I never had any prob with breakage, nor cracking. There are also many options, like a large bubble, coloured fluor pins, bubble shields and all. I really think its a very good scope for the money.

Didi ;)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Beiter now makes a 39mm scope along with the 30mm that they had before.

I found with an old Super Scope (clear body) that in sunlight dirt and dust on the lens would become visible and that often sun glare and reflections on the lens would often make it difficult to see through the lens. I solved it temporarily by covering the body with tape. I only use the SS indoors now.

I suspect I would have the same problem with the clear Beiter body, but don't know this for sure.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I have both Beiter scopes. I like the larger 39mm scope, along with a "frame" that makes it really easy to center in the peep. I have the body in black, and the frame in red....

I'm hard pressed to think of why you would want a clear body, although it really doesn't matter, as you can always wrap it with electrical tape should you not like it.

kgk

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Didi said:
I can hardly see the scope body when I aim, just the fluor pin.
AHA! So you center the pin in the peep? (So that's why they make clear---I never understood it before.)

I go through a very complex process where I center the actual scope housing in the peep and then try to center the pin on the gold, so I must see the housing. But their "frame" (a ring around the outside of the lens) is extremely visible, and that's what I now use to center the housing in the peep.

kgk

·
Urban Archery
3,814 Posts
I bought 2 of the Beiter scopes, one for me and one for my wife. I gave up on it. I found it too clutered and the lens are so expensive. My wife shot hers without the lens (expensive open ring!). We broke a few bubble housings if the bow fell over, or just taking it out of the case, also the standard bubble is too small for dark conditions.
We have both now gone with the Titan Scopes where we swap the lens out cheaply, the Titan is far more durable and the bubble large and clear. It's bigger and costs the same as the small Beiter, but the lens is about 1/3 the price and great quality.
Go the Titan, designed by FITA shooters, for FITA shooting, yet great for everything else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts