Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I always thought Beman was the Poor Mans Easton...

Now I'm looking at the specs for the new shafts and the Black Max HIT shafts are listed as .003" straightness Tolerance, while the Easton ST Axis are listed ast .005. While I know its negligible and doesn't make a difference from a hunting standpoint - I just wanted to know exactly what Beman was to Easton?

I assumed these Black Max shafts were the ST Axis with a different silk screen. Are they not? Are they a different shaft all together?

Just curious... I liked the Beman Hunters, but I DIDN'T like the way they cracked at the nock. I'm shooting the Axis, but need to drop down to 400's instead of .340's this year, and was going to go with the Beman shafts for price, the I realized they were advertised as straighter... Didn't make much sense to me...

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
:confused: I heard that (although the same company) they run their specs differently. The eastons are underrated some how.

Just what I have heard

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Beman was made in France at first , then Easton bought Beman out ...

·
Registered
786 Posts
I shoot the Beman Black Max and my brother shoots the Easton Axis. We both thought that they were the same arrow also. I like my Bemans, and they are hard to beat for the price

·
Registered
57 Posts
Beman Hunters

I shot Bemans years ago and they all cracked while shooting 3-D. After trying all kinds of other arrows, I returned to the Beman Hunters (not camo) several years ago and like them alot. They are a mid-weight arrow that I use for both hunting and 3-D. They are worth a try.

Dee Tee

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Premium for me!

I shot the Axis 300 last year and shooting now Beman Black Max 300.

Imo, they are the better shafts. Much better grouping than the Axis.
I know at least 10 archers/bowhunters confirming my findings.

Axis and Black Max surface look the same but they are different shafts for sure. The Black Max shafts are about 0.1mm thicker than the Axis of identical spine.
They are a bit stiffer than advertised, too.
My Axis 300 got an actual spine of 0.299", the Bemans 300 got .285".

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
What Duggaboy said. I have been pleasantly surprised by this shaft, didn't think I would switch from ACC's but the Black Max's are extremely straight, consistent in spine and weight, and very tough. You can mic. the shaft wall and see its thicker than the Axis, hence the increased weight.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting. Guess I'll give those Bemans a shot this year then. Cheaper, straighter, and heavier. Where can I go wrong!?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts