Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting some Lumenocks for my Black Max arrows.I was wondering what size to order.Also I know these are a few grains heavier than a std nock.Do you guys practice with std nocks and just switch to lumenocks for hunting?Does the weight difference effect your accuracy?If it does effect accuracy...what do you do to compensate?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Burt Coyote only makes two sizes of Lumenoks-one for the standard Super Nock and one for the "X" nock. You will need the X nock size. I practice with mine-don't want any surprises come hunting season.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the lumenok is 22 grains and a std nock is about 5 grains.If this is right 17 grains is not a whole lot of weight,but I was concerned about it being on the back end of the arrow and effecting accuracy.

·
Registered
19,453 Posts
BBBUCKHORN said:
I saw where the Lumenock for the x nock is only 16 grains.This should make the difference even less noticable.
I weighed the Lumenok and weighed my X nock and it was like 16 or 18 grains difference. I am shooting them with my rig and I havent had to change anything for using them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.