Archery Talk Forum banner

Beman ICS Hunters

907 Views 11 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  lovehunting
Anyone here use these arrows for hunting. I would love to hear about them. Are they durable, shoot well, etc... Also if anyone knows the straightness tolerances I would greatly appreciate those as well.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
349 Posts
Todd;

Sorry, I have not used them for hunting yet, so I can't comment, but I will be using them this season. I have a dozen on order right now, but I can say that my best friend who is VERY knowledgeable AND succesful in 3D and hunting said that the Beman's would be his arrow of choice to shoot if he wasn't sponsored by another company! As for your second question, the Beman website claims a straightness tolerance of +/- .003. Hope this helps! Good hunting to all!!

· Registered
1,050 Posts
http://ebiz.netopia.com/mtnarcherysales/customhtml3/

I just ordered some ICS camo hunters through this place. Got them yesturday and fletched them up. Heck of a price. 45 bucks for a dozen shafts shipped. I've been using Bemans for about 10 years for hunting, 3D and field rounds. No complaints here. I use the Wasp SST Jackhamer head and the fixed SST Hammer both at 75 grains on an ICS 400 shaft. 29 inch arrow at 63 pounds. I only hunt whitetails and this has been a great combination. Try them and I think you will be pleased.

· Registered
3,459 Posts
I also hunt with the ICSCH 400 and feel they are excellent for this application. I shoot 64-65lbs and use 4" duravanes with the Wasp Hammer SST 75g. I've taken both Deer and Turkey with them, and would have no problem hunting any other North American game with them, either. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12

· Registered
1,480 Posts
:D I tend to switch back and forth from carbon and aluminum. I can say I have taken deer with the carbon Beman ICS hunters and they do well. I have not had any real problems with them. I don't think you will be disappointed with them. I do however like both carbon and aluminum and shoot both. I like them both well enough it is hard for me to stick with just one type. I have heard some say that they don't trust the carbons for straightness and weight consistancy. Also I have had people say they woory that a marginal shot that hits a shoulder may cause the arrow to splinter causing a wound that may not be apt to heal if the animal gets away. At any rate I like the way carbons perform. The only draw back for me is that I am a finger shooter and use a tab. i ended up using a god awful glue that makes nock removal from the arrow next to impossible. Don't shoot your nocks off. Any way good luck.

· Registered
674 Posts
I have shoot the Beman ICS for hunting the past 3 years haven't had any trouble. But a couple of weeks ago I had on collapse on me, the nock pushed up into the shaft. Out of 25 years I have never seen this happen, then Saturday I had the same thing happen again. I am going to try to contact Beman today and see if they have had any trouble. But they are a great shaft, until this I havent' had any trouble at all, excellent shaft.

· Registered
564 Posts
I have been shooting Beman ICS Hunters for about a year now and have only managed to break two. I have stuck them into my back fence, the wooden frame of my target (burried so deeply, I had to cut out a chunk of wood to free up the arrow) and all of those survived unscathed. The two that I managed to break were glance offs that struck a hard object at an angle.
The bottom line is that I would worry less about a carbon arrow's durability than I would an alluminum shaft. :D

· Registered
2,420 Posts
I use ICS camo hunters for hunting, they are heavy enough, fast enough, and gosh darnit....deer like them:D

· Registered
2,559 Posts
mobow

IMO the nocks on the bare carbon gradually wear and expand the end of the arrow. You should be able to find axial cracks that let the effective dia. increase.

IMO the way to avoid this is to epoxy in adapters and use G nocks.

· Registered
20 Posts
Todd1700
I have been shooting 3d and hunting with bemans for the last 4 years. This arrow has worked great for me in every situation.I just bought 3 dozen ICSCH cut to length for $35 per dz. +shipping. This is the best bang for your buck that I have seen.

· Registered
84 Posts
mossyoakguy said:
http://ebiz.netopia.com/mtnarcherysales/customhtml3/

I just ordered some ICS camo hunters through this place. Got them yesturday and fletched them up. Heck of a price. 45 bucks for a dozen shafts shipped. I've been using Bemans for about 10 years for hunting, 3D and field rounds. No complaints here. I use the Wasp SST Jackhamer head and the fixed SST Hammer both at 75 grains on an ICS 400 shaft. 29 inch arrow at 63 pounds. I only hunt whitetails and this has been a great combination. Try them and I think you will be pleased.
I also got that great deal they are running, great arrows for hunting, have used them the past 5 years with no problems, they are tough as nails and shoot very well, cya.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.