Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if anyone has shot Beman Night Fall, and what you thought of them? I picked up a half dozen to hunt with this year and like them so far, but just can't seem to group them like my old arrows yet. Not sure if its the micro diameter shaft or maybe how they seem to be more front heavy then my old arrows.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Just checking, but you do know that you'll have to tune the bow to shoot new diameter and weight arrows, don't you? It's just that you didn't give much explanation. I seriously doubt many people can know the difference in grouping from one good arrow to another, if they are being shot from a well tuned bow, tuned for that arrow with the correct spine. Beman makes a fine arrow, so I'm assuming they have the quality that the rest of them do.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just curious if anyone has shot Beman Night Fall, and what you thought of them? I picked up a half dozen to hunt with this year and like them so far, but just can't seem to group them like my old arrows yet. Not sure if its the micro diameter shaft or maybe how they seem to be more front heavy then my old arrows.
They are the same weight and same spine as my old arrows, only a higher quality. Also my bow was shooting bullet holes last time I was in the shop, so I know its tuned. Especially for being an older bow.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Smaller diameter. Not sure how much smaller off the top of my head. Would it make that big of a difference?
Huge difference. Change the arrow dimensions and the tune changes. If you were shooting bullet holes before, you're not now. Think about it logically. Your d-loop stays put and the arrow sits on your rest just a micrometer lower. My guess is that you'll have a tail high tear. You'll probably have to raise the rest or lower the d-loop.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Huge difference. Change the arrow dimensions and the tune changes. If you were shooting bullet holes before, you're not now. Think about it logically. Your d-loop stays put and the arrow sits on your rest just a micrometer lower. My guess is that you'll have a tail high tear. You'll probably have to raise the rest or lower the d-loop.
You make a valid point. I may have to go in and paper test it again. I bought my bow used and never tuned it and it was awesome off the bat. Idk what the last guy was using for arrows but it must have been close to what the guy in the shop gave me. Or maybe he tuned it.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Don't worry. Once you get that thing re-adjusted, you'll be stacking arrows again. More times than not, when groups get bigger and you don't know why, something changed in the bow. String stretch, rest moved, peep moved, etc. Probably shouldn't blame the arrow. Most arrows now days can be grouped just fine with a properly set up bow. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts