Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of putting a d-loop on my new bow and taking off the rope part of my release...what is the benefit? Also will I be adding weight to the string with the d-loop? Or do I not need a knocks then? Thanks for all the help..E

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
Most folks use D-loops. They make it easier to attach a release but strings on release work fine too once you get the hook up process down.

You will not be adding any noticeable weight to your string and if tied on properly you will not need string nocks. There are some threads here about tying on D-loops.

ox

·
I like big buffs!
4,291 Posts
I don't know if you are just target shooting or hunting. If you are hunting, one BIG advantage is your arrow doesn't pop off of your string if you let down with a D loop.

For strictly target shooting, I wouldn't really say one has any significant advantage in terms of accuracy. Switching probably won't make a big difference score wise.

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
I used a release rope for a long time but switched to a D-loop about three years ago. The change had no effect on my shooting.

The reason I removed the release rope is to eliminate the need to finger it onto the hook. Now I just hook onto the loop and draw in one uninterrupted motion. And while eliminating that one little step in the draw process might not seem like much, having gotten used to it I will never go back to any other type of release.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
MikeK said:
I used a release rope for a long time but switched to a D-loop about three years ago. The change had no effect on my shooting.

The reason I removed the release rope is to eliminate the need to finger it onto the hook. Now I just hook onto the loop and draw in one uninterrupted motion. And while eliminating that one little step in the draw process might not seem like much, having gotten used to it I will never go back to any other type of release.

I agree.. I did read a post here awhile back though that talked about loads. With a loop on the string the whole holding load is on the release triggering mech. With a loop on the BT, it is 1/2 as half of the loop is on the handle... or something like that. I think, if I remember, the claim was that the latter was better in providing a smooth release.. I don't see it though.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Nothing wrong with D-loop but

I do nothing but hunt with my bow and went to a rope style release 2 years ago; the BEST decision that I have ever made;my release is a Scott and I will not ever go back to the loop; I am not against d-loops but it is just something that I odn't have to worry about getting out of line; good luck :darkbeer:

·
Registered
40,174 Posts
pulls from above and below the nock equaly no funky angle at the nock point also serving wear is lessened ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts