Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just signed up on the Carter's website, and the "services offered" part of the site is down. I was wondering, what are the benefits of having a bow Crackerized? Is Mike that good? Also what is the average price of having this done? Tony

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
You could probably do a search on here and find out quite a bit about Mikes strings. All I know is I'll never have any other string on my bow than his.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Just got my first crackerized bow back from Mike. For less then a winners choice string and cables, I got a better shooting machine. I have done absolutely nothing but screw on a sight. The ultratec that I sent him is quiet, fast and forgiving. Your bow will be tuned by the master. Do yourself a favor....send your bow to crackers when you need a new string. You will never go back..
And for the record, I can get my bows back into specs...something that I have to do with most new strings and cables that I get. Im done with that. I am just sending them to mike from now on. They will come back tuned, and ready to shoot.

·
Registered
561 Posts
What all is included and what kind of price range are we looking at? Website?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Mike is the tuning guru. He's got a knack for getting the most out of any bow and it will be an all around better bow than when it left the factory. When it leaves his shop, it will be done right. Best all around bow mechanic there is IMHO.:thumbs_up ....:beer:

www.cartersarchery.com or PM "Crackers" here on AT!!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
WiseGuy said:
What all is included and what kind of price range are we looking at? Website?
75$ for a set of strings. for him to tune, you pay 75$ plus shipping the bow. very reasonable

·
Registered
1,376 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
ISCORE4U said:
Mike is the tuning guru. He's got a knack for getting the most out of any bow and it will be an all around better bow than when it left the factory. When it leaves his shop, it will be done right. Best all around bow mechanic there is IMHO.:thumbs_up ....:beer:

www.cartersarchery.com or PM "Crackers" here on AT!!
I'll second that, and when I got my bow back from Mike it was shooting 8 fps faster than when it went in.

·
Banned
42 Posts
Crackers

I think crackers are great in soup. J/K Mike Carter is a very knowledgable man in the archery industry, not to mention a connisuer of string.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts