Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long practice session & what was to be my last shot. I drew the bow ( sniper xs ) & noticed my fp was loose , should just shot . On the let down it got a tad ahead of me & I punched the end of the slide . It now looks like I got a small girly part between my knuckle's & it feels like I tried to drive a rail road spike with my fist ! Lol. Lesson learned . I know no pic it didn't happen ! Can't get to load ! Pm me if you want to to laugh & I'll send you a pic to post! Hopefully my hand heels faster then my pride! Lol merry x-mas all - Joe

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Never done that, but I saw a guy bust himself in the nose when his thumb release let go. Wasn't really funny to him, but I couldn't help but laugh. LOL

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never done that, but I saw a guy bust himself in the nose when his thumb release let go. Wasn't really funny to him, but I couldn't help but laugh. LOL
when I see some one do something dumb I ask real quick "you alright ?" Then laugh my @ss off! Guilt free lol!

·
Bears Den Precision
3,634 Posts
Easiest fix is to get a "knuckle saver" and put it on the end of the rod. Watched many fellas, and ladies do this over the years.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Easiest fix is to get a "knuckle saver" and put it on the end of the rod. Watched many fellas, and ladies do this over the years.
Thanks buddy didn't know they had those! Kinda like a end cap for rebar. Never had this happen with my invasion or defy, that bent rod ain't no joke lol !!

·
Dirt Racer
1,523 Posts
I had a friend of mine order a new thumb release that was defective and he did the same thing! Funny thing was he thought he had accidentally bumped the trigger (because it didn't do it every time) so he shot it a few more times and then it happened again!!! It was even funnier the second time. Then to top that off the guy that hangs out at the shop that know one likes ( you know that one that has done everything and knows everything and has his mouth moving all the time, yea that guy) he saw it behind the counter and grabs it up when he comes in and takes it to the range without asking who's it was or anything, so we decided to kinda keep quite and set back and enjoy the show that one was priceless!!!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a friend of mine order a new thumb release that was defective and he did the same thing! Funny thing was he thought he had accidentally bumped the trigger (because it didn't do it every time) so he shot it a few more times and then it happened again!!! It was even funnier the second time. Then to top that off the guy that hangs out at the shop that know one likes ( you know that one that has done everything and knows everything and has his mouth moving all the time, yea that guy) he saw it behind the counter and grabs it up when he comes in and takes it to the range without asking who's it was or anything, so we decided to kinda keep quite and set back and enjoy the show that one was priceless!!!
That's awesome! Karma is real !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts