Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2001 BlackKnight 2. Took it to the bowshop to check for cam lean because I noticed alittle on the draw and for a new string.

He tells me the riser is bent....off by 3/16 on the bottom 1/16 on top. As well as lean on both cams.

He used a laser. Called BowTech spoke with a Tech he tells me it is almost impossible to bend or twist a riser. And 9 out of 10 times when bows are sent in for bent risers the are not. Bowtech uses a large piece of marble.

Been searching the posts. Some say cam lean on Bowtechs is not a factor.

Other than driving over a this bow's riser with a mack truck how would it bend????

Is using a laser the wrong way to judge bent riser?

This 2001 BlackKnight had the short riser and looks very tough to bend.

Do I sink the $$$ in to find out the bow is a mantle piece???

The guy I traded it for swears he shot great scores in 3D with it...

·
Registered
882 Posts
i took a fall and landed on my bow and thought i had bent it. i could've sworn it looked bent. i realized that all bows look bent cause the cable guard holds the cables to one side so the riser flex's in that direction. this doesn't mean that it is bent, it's just flexed. try taking the cables out of the slide and see if the riser looks straight. you probably already know all this but i thought i'd post just in case. how does it shoot?

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
If the bow shoots fine,, shoot it :wink: The Duallys will lean a bit due to the cable guard rod torque and the way the cams are in the limb forks. I wouldn't trust the lazer for riser checks.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has 29" mods....I am a 27.5. I would tourqe the heck out of a bow like the BK with the wrong DL and not be able to prove a thing. I should have mentioned that. I am going to get the shorter Mods and new string and give her a whirl.

Just hate to sink $$ into a dead horse. Hopefully can get her to tune.

Thanks for the replies.Keep em comin'.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts