Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the price difference, is Berry Strings just as good as the winner's choice strings? Can anyone give some input on this subject? Is there any dissatisfied Berry strings users out there? If so, then why?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Save your money! His strings at least LOOK EVERY bit as good as W/C! Tight, tight, tight servings, and smooth.I have them in my archery tool box as backup for my hunting bow, and they look just as good, if not better than the W/C strings both unstrung. And......he's an awsome guy!!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Save your money

I never seen a berry string but seeing as how I make my own strings too. I can tell you its not hard to make a string of equal quality.

That being said I also think Newberry is a great Guy and very clever and handy with making things. If anyone can build a good string it would be him.

So, I second berry strings over winners choice.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
BowBender, I have a set of Winner's Choice I bought before Wayne Newberry started selling strings, I put them on and after about 50 shots they settled in and haven't touched the peep since.
I bought a set of Wayne's strings and cables at about a third the price put them on and loaned the bow to a friend, he shot it ????? and I reset the peep and haven't touched it since.
I don't see how you will be out much if you don't like them? BUT I'm bettin you will be happy with them. Give em a try.... I'll bet you've done crazier things in your life:D . WR

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
I was thinking about trying them myself. I figure as cheap as they are if they aren't as good as Winner's Choice I didn't really loose that much BUT if they are what a deal. It isn't that hard to make a good string so they can't be that bad. I have shoot alot of strings that I was just as pleased with as I am my Winner's Choice. I am actually mad at WC right know because I sold a Ultra Tec because I got a bad set of cables from them.

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
Here you go

home.ntelos.net/~nberry4/BerryStrings/index.htm

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Berry Strings

As mentioned he is a great guy to do business with, builds all his strings himself, prices can't be beat and options are not more $, like winners choice are. :) Give him a try, you'll be happy.:D

·
CottonHeadedNinnyMuggins
1,244 Posts
Awsome Strings!

I have both Berry Strings and Winners Choice. They are both very good.

IMHO, Berry strings are a great deal!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just bought a set for my hunting bow. I got everything exactly as I wanted, and the packaging was very professional. I've shot about 100 arrows with it so far, and the set's been great. The price was outstanding.

·
Banned
636 Posts
What they said!!

Wayne is a great guy to do buisness with and make an incredible product at an even better price.

You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Wow,
Wayne Newberry's Mom has a bunch of alias' on this site!! :D

I've never used his strings, but I emailed him about them when I thought I was gonna need a new set and he was very upfront and helpful.

I'd buy a set from him anytime. And I probably will soon....

Mike

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
string

bowbender, I have a set of cables and string made by Wayne, You can't beat the price and his stuff is some of the best out there!!!! Try a string or cables or the whole set you won't be sorry!!! You will be happy with them:)

·
Registered
2,550 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I have never used or seen one, But

I just bought a 2002 Scepter ll from one of the members and since I have to change it to Fury X cams I decided to get all new String and cables. After looking at several different string makers wesites I decided to try a set by Berry. His website is very professionally done and from what I have seen of his strings the quality seems to be as good as those of any of the other companies who are making strings and cables. He is using Ultracam material which is great stuff from what I have researched. Very smooth and low stretch.
So I decided that I had nothing to lose and everything to gain by trying a set, especially since I could get two sets of Berry string and cable for what one set of Winners Choice would cost, plus enogh left over for lunch at McDonalds.
Wayne was very helpful even though I did'nt have much of the information He usually asks for, once I sent him the Specs on my bow he knew exactly what I wanted and said it would'nt be any problem. I am having a set of Black and Red made up and sent Wayne the money today.
Where else can you get a complete set of string and Cables for a Scepter ll with Fury X cams for $55.00.
it's a great deal any way you look at it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
newberry #1

the quality of these strings are top notch .......the servings are tight ......ends are all served at the loops .....top of the line ......you cant go wrong .....the price is super .....I can't say enough .....if you buy any other strings and cables and they are not Newberry's you aren't getting the best .IMHO............thank you Wayne .......the fatarrow

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
ditto

I've gotten a couple Newberry strings and would not consider anything else. They are a STEAL at the price Wayne charges. He's even worked over holiday weekends to get me strings as soon as possible.

I don't bother shooting the bow when I put on a Newberry string to get the string to settle. I just install the peep and go. The peep stays where it is. Newberry strings are an excellent value.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I just ordered a set today. He responded quick to my questions and was very helpful. I look forward to putting them on to start the deer season fresh.

·
Registered
241 Posts
What kind of speed do you get out of the Ultracam verses the 8125. Berry uses Ultracam Im used to the strings built with 8125

Big Dog

1 - 20 of 20 Posts