Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to post a quick note to let my friends here on AT know that I recently raised the string prices on my website. I have struggled to keep from having to do it, as I wanted the average joe (like myself!) to be able to afford an above average stringset for their bow, but after months of building I have crunched a few numbers and found out I didn't have much choice given the time and materials involved.

I think you will still find BerryStrings a great value, but I did want to post the news here on AT first where so many of my customers come from.

I appreciate all the support everyone has given me so far. No matter what part of the country, or even what country be it England, France, or even Korea, all the archers I have spoken with have been terrific folks, more than willing to help me build an even better string with all their constructive feedback.

I will continue to try and provide my customers with the very best string I can build, even if it does cost them a couple of dollars more than it did before.
Thanks agian to all the folks here on AT!
Wayne Newberry
BerryStrings

·
CottonHeadedNinnyMuggins
1,244 Posts
Still a great value for the quality of strings your building there Wayne!

·
Registered
8,937 Posts
ya....Id say you could double your prices and they would still be worth every penny! Well...................NOT Double!! But you get the point!

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Wayne, you can't do it for free!;) You'r prices are still great and I could not be happier with your work and customer service.:D Keep it up.:)

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Price Increase

I would hate to have seen what your prices were like BEFORE your price increase. :D :D

$45 for a string AND TWO CABLES, geez, I paid $45 for only a string.

All kidding aside, when I need a new set of strings and cables I'll be giving you a call!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Berry Strings

I am the "guinea pig", if you will, for Waynes' first recurve bowstring.

Wayne fabricated it for me out of a Blue/Grey/Black spool of Brownells Ultracam that he'd just received, with 16 strands and a .022 Crown serving, in a very nice Grey color.

I received the string earlier today, Friday.

Wayne, it looks absolutely great!!!

Have not had a chance to string the bow yet and shoot, but I fully expect it will be just as powerful, as effective on my FITA recurve as Waynes' compound strings are.

Thank you, Wayne, for a great looking product and for the very fast turn around.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate the kind words guys.
Hey DarkRanger, I'm glad you received the recurve string. I wish I had snapped a pic of the colors before I sent it out so I could show the new color combo on my site. I'm going to add it to my options as soon as I have time.
I also have some Purple BCY Endservings ans some Purple Ultracam on the way, just in time for hunting season! :rolleyes: Well... maybe indoor season.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Wayne,

It's about time. Your prices are still too cheap. Thanks for providing the best value on ArcheryTalk!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just saw what is probably one of the first Berry strings in the UK. It looked excellent, and I will be ordering one when I need a new string. Not surprised the price has had to go up, but it still looks like great value.

:)

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Wayne I thought you said you were increasing the price??? to me this isnt really a price increase. This is just life. I was expecting a $5.00 increase on everything before I went to the site thanks again for the excellent products. Scott Kelley AKA im not in north dakota. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts