Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a 3-d deer, it will probably be shot at least 50 times a week or more during hunting season and shot a little less all year long.

I know Reinhart and McKenzie are the best... they are also insanely expensive.

What is the best target for less then 125.00? Should I stay away from the layered foam targets? (I didn't have much luck with the regular layered targets... doubt the 3-d's would be different) or should I look for something that just has a replaceable vital area?

How are the Cabelas branded targets? (I knwo they don't make any of their own stuff but don't know who makes these...) ( http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...&parentType=index&indexId=cat20084&hasJS=true )

Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
the cabelas targets are pretty nice but if you really want a bargin on 3d targets do like i do hit the target auctions at ibo events. just for personal practice there's nothing wrong with grabbing a few target from one of the defence courses. they're usually pretty shot up but you can buy that magic fix stuff for like 19.00 and have enough to repair 2 or 3 targets. this way you can get mckenzies for next to nothing. this past summer i added a bedded buck, the grazing deer, and a wart hog to my collection for about 200.00

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Just by looking at them,the targets from Cabelas look like Deltas,especially the insert....maybe Delta makes them.....

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
How do the arrows pull out of the R&W's? Just wondering we were thinking of replacing some of the targets on our range with them.

·
Registered
271 Posts
R&W targets Are a good target for the money, They hold up good, Arrows pull fairly easy. The club I belong to shoots mostly R&W tagets at our 3-D shoots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts