Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best value 3D Whitetail Deer Target? The one I have is no good, it's nearly impossible to pull the arrows out of it. Please help me pick a good one. Thanks.

·
OEF VI VET
6,681 Posts
The rinehart woodland buck is decently good for $150...the body is made of cheap foam that will come off in chunks if you miss the vitals but the replaceable core is the awesome rinehart self healing foam. The best deal going though is the rinehart broadhead buck. That one is $199 and is very slightly larger but the whole target body is made of self healing foam and is all one piece so no head falling off etc. Both targets use the same replaceable core.

·
Registered
29,169 Posts
It depends on how much you shoot your 3D target and whether you plan to shoot BH's into it as well. From many years of archery, I have found a "system" that works well for me. I buy or ask for a bag target for Christmas that lasts me most of the next year if I rotate it from front to back and don't concentrate shots in the center. I also have a large chunk of foam that I use for warm-up shots, pin on cardboard silhouettes and tune broadheads. My daughter bought a Delta Challenger buck 3D for Christmas a couple years ago with a replaceable vital area and I shoot that in the early fall for pre-season practice through hunting season. Since I keep the vast majority of my shots in the vitals, the only real wear it gets is from the fall weather and the foam core. I wear out a core each year, which costs about $28-30 and is far cheaper than buying a new 3D. Also during the spring, I have a Cabelas 3D strutting turkey 3D that I pound for turkey season prep. So the basis of my system is to rotate stock and not pound holes into one until it is ruined.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Look into R & W targets. I bought a VR series deer last spring and couldn't be happier. I've shot it almost every day since April (with field points) and there is hardly any sign of wear. Very good customer service as well. With shipping, it cost $174. Excellent price for a quality target.

·
Registered
818 Posts
look into r & w targets. I bought a vr series deer last spring and couldn't be happier. I've shot it almost every day since april (with field points) and there is hardly any sign of wear. Very good customer service as well. With shipping, it cost $174. Excellent price for a quality target.
^^x2^^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.